We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to the business, focusing on computer hardware, Printers, Peripherals, Network Connecti vity and soft ware issues, their job is to provide onsite technical assistance including the setti ng up of CUPPS computer hardware systems, Peripheral devices installing, Preventi ve maintenance of the equipment and troubleshooti ng basic IT issues.
- Provide field operati ons of CUPPS System’s support to customers in accordance with the terms of the customer contract and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Troubleshooti ng and analyzing hardware and soft ware technical ti ckets and requests.
- Addressing user requests and following up to ensure ti mely and sati sfactory resoluti on.
- To ensure the correct functi oning and maintenance of all CUPPS IT equipment and services.
- Provisioning, configurati ng, delivering and setti ng up equipment, system, ensuring proper functi onality and connecti vity of all devices and parti cipati on in equipment moves and changes.
- Perform onsite interventi ons as a result of a Service Desk request as soon as possible and within the terms of the customer contract and SLAs.
- When required act as the customer SPOC and coordinate the scheduling of the onsite interventi on with Customer’s internal resolver groups and the Service Desk ensuring the highest level of customer services and communicati ons are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA. 1 Sensitivity: Internal & Restricted
- Carry out local repairs of faulty equipment and services to the highest standards and coordinate the resoluti on with the appropriate resolver group.
- Manage the replacement of faulty equipment through the use of spares and ensuring the ti mely replenishment the spare according to prescribed availability and sparing policy.
- Adhere to installati on guidelines and industry best practi ces in order to deliver quality Field Operati ons.
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the installati on interventi on and repairs of IT equipment in accordance with the Field Operati ons guidelines and instructi ons where provided.
- Reporti ng and escalati ng all observed problems to proper WAISL’s operati onal escalati on points.
- Carry out preventi ve maintenance of equipment in accordance with agreed schedules and to manufacturer specificati ons.
- Perform tests on hardware and soft ware components and be responsible for the coordinati on of local acceptance testi ng with Customers and 3rd parti es.
- Customer contact with proacti ve interacti on and interacti ve skills of troubleshooti ng customer needs.
- Installati on of operati ng system in the PCs by imaging applicati on.
- Perform remedial repair & proacti ve maintenance of various IT equipment installed at client site.
- Preparing inventory record of assets installed at site.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience supporti ng various hardware and peripheral components in an on-site environment
- A deep problem solver, able to think on your own and develop quick, sound soluti ons to complex problems.
- Experience working directly in a customer service environment.
- Able to work in high pressure situati ons to find ti mely soluti ons
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essenti al
- Strong work ethics as well as excellent oral and writt en communicati on skills
- Candidate must have MCP or equivalent certi ficati on
- Candidates having CCNA certi ficati on will be preferred
- Experience with TCP/IP and general networking issues
- Experience working effecti vely in a team environment, communicati ng effecti vely, resolving issues efficiently, and contributi ng to the improvement of the infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows environments.
- Knowledge of network security practi ces and anti -virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooti ng and provide clear instructi ons
- Excellent problem-solving and multi tasking skills
- Customer-oriented atti tude
3-year diploma in Engineering or 4-year Full ti me B. Tech or bachelor’s in computer applicati on or equivalent.
Relevant and total years of Experience
Minimum 1 – Years’ experience in Aviati on IT support or 2 -years’ experience in IT Industry
Familiarity with airline/airport operati ons, terminology and culture is preferred