JOB DESCRIPTION (Technical Architect)
- Lead the Technical architecture and development activities for various COTS and inhouse solutions.
- Design & architecture for the solutions, in line with the technology roadmap agreed with client and WAISL Business teams.
- Working with partners and /or internal engineering teams for building & testing solutions
- Working with business leads for vendor identification, preparing product requirement document, agreeing project plan & timelines, commercials & success criteria.
- Build & train team of developers and designers needed to implement the PoCs, MVPs and solutions and taking accountability for in-time and quality delivery.
- Modifying the Technical design / code basis test result and inputs received from business teams of client and WAISL.
- Once Solution is complete to client satisfaction, work with heads towards productization the into a marketable solution which can be offered to existing and potential clients. This includes:
- Partnership with vendors and OEMs for sourcing the key product hardware and software.
- Bundling the product with other products or services to be offered as a complete solution.
- Developing necessary in-house capability such as infrastructure, network & communication, data centre, applications and use-cases.
- Providing installation, system integration & training services at the time of deployment at client location
- Creating and maintaining knowledge database to be used by the WAISL team.
- Preparing & disseminating training material for the design and development team
- Tracking, monitoring and documenting each step of the solution development process and giving periodic updates to client and WAISL management.
Qualifications and Technical skills
- E/B.TECH in Computer Science / Electronics / Telecom or equivalent qualification in related fields
- Java / Python Frameworks – Spring, Spring Boot, ORM, Cloud, Laravel Frameworks
- Delivery Models – DevOps, Agile, Scrum, TDD, CI/CD, Lean, Waterfall Models
- Devops Tools – Git, Docker, Jenkins, Maven
- Application Servers – Apache, Tomcat, WAS, JBoss
- Databases – Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, NOSQL
- Architectures – Design Patterns, Microservices, Rest API, Distributed Systems
- Middleware Products – IBM WebSphere MQ, Liberty, WPS, WAS, BAW Products
- Cloud Hosting – Microsoft Azure, AWS
- 10+ years of total experience as an architect with at least 2 years in aviation industry, airports / smart cities experience preferred.
- Handling end-to-end projects such as IT solutions for clients including design, architecture, development, POC, solutioning & deployment
- Knowledge of RFP / RFQ management, Requirement understanding, Solutioning, Sizing & Impact Analysis, Measurement & High-Level Estimation, Maintenance & Impact analysis, Risk
- Expertise in tools such as NetBeans, Eclipse, CVS, SQL Developer, MS Project, Tomcat, Glassfish
- Knowledge of programming Languages such as Java , C++, Unix, Python
- Working in a multi-vendor setup
- Experience in Architecting, designing, building and deploying applications on cloud will be preferred.
Desired Qualities / Skills
- Scrum / agile methodology experience
- Cloud, ESB/SOA, EAI (Enterprise Application Integration), B2B integration
- Ability to work collaboratively with vendors, team members and client teams
- Ability to successfully integrate third party products to deliver best in class solution to clients
- Exposure to design thinking principles and problem-solving skills