Head of Delivery – Smart Airport
This Role shall contribute towards delivering Smart Airport programs, projects and services for WAISL, by building capabilities, ecosystem, offerings and managing execution of programs to develop Smart Airport for global and domestic clients. This Role is also
responsible for executing and monitoring implementation of Smart Airport Solutions including Building. deploying, integrating, managing products and solutions for aviation industry, specifically airports.
- Designing, planning, building, deploying and managing smart airport solutions for client airports
- Build internal capabilities to deliver smart (IT) capabilities to provide end to end services for Smart Airport
- Lead products and solutions team to create and monetize best in class solutions for airports
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and upgrades
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Create product’s market share by working with Business Development team to develop product sales strategies and GTM
- Conduct POCs to evaluate art of the possible with new products and solutions before productization
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning staff, following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Vendors and stakeholder management in multivendor scenarios
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and latest developments in the aviation industry and related products space and screen potential technology trends
- Lead product development through a mix of internal team as well as outsourcing services to third party firms
- Acquire required capability by forging partnerships with OEMs and service providers
- Evangelize within WAISL and in the Industry Next Gen Aviation products
- Create SA program implementation plans with ROI, budgets, schedule, and resource plans
- Lead the solution architecture and development for Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements with smart airport clients’ teams for vendor and solution selection.
- Build a specialized technical team to address technical requirements for delivering smart airport solutions-Inhouse / with vendor partnerships.
- Working with partners for development & testing for the POC solutions including vendor identification, preparing product requirement document, agreeing project plan & timelines, commercials & project managing the entire engagement for the solution
Modifying the solution design / code basis test result and inputs received from client stakeholders
Providing necessary support to the smart airport client in terms of engineering, monitoring, incident management, and helpdesk post implementation
Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
Creating and maintaining knowledge database to be used by the digital team.
Tracking, monitoring, and documenting each step of the solution development process and giving periodic updates to client and WAISL management
Contribute towards business development by creating client-centric solutions and services to address a niche market segment for smart airport.
- 18+ total years of experience, should have global exposure in Smart Airport Projects. Airports/Aviation Industry Experience is preferred.
- Handling end to end large IT programs for clients including design, architecture, development, POC, solutioning, deployment and execution of smart (airport) solutions
- Should have the knowledge of leading OEMs and solution providers in the space of Smart City Projects and can advise right partners for WAISL
- Knowledge of RFP / RFQ management, Requirement understanding, Solutioning, Sizing & Impact Analysis, Creating product development roadmap Measurement & High Level Estimation, Maintenance & Impact analysis, Risk
- Working in a multi-vendor setup and building partnership and alliances for mutual benefit with leading OEMs and service providers
- Experience in delivering key solutions, services, and offerings for smart (airport) city clients,
- additionally, experience in building business case and solution approach preferred.
- B.E/B.TECH in Computer Science / Electronics / Telecom or equivalent qualification in related fields
MS/M.Tech. or MBA in IT or Business – Related field will be an added advantage.
Desired qualifications / Skills:
- Smart Airport Solutions deployment / delivery experience, global experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with vendors, team members and client teams
- Ability to plan the program roadmap, coordinate the team and clients and control the process
- Ability to define KPIs and success criteria for the program and establish monitoring, control, and management mechanisms to ensure program success
- Exposure to design thinking principles and problem-solving skills
- Ability to Establish time schedules and cost estimates for product engineering, deployment, support, maintenance, and services